This is a sponsored post. For more details see my disclosure.
Adding live plants to the home has always been a way of accessorizing your decor. But, placing live plants can also offer many benefits. We spend a good bit of time in our bathrooms each day, so it’s design is important. Bathroom design has grown increasingly sophisticated. With all of the plants to choose from, it’s important to see which plants will thrive in the bathroom.
Many plants love humidity, and there is no room more humid than a bathroom. With all the steam from the shower, lots of people are actually adding plants inside their shower. That may seem like a strange place to add a plant, but it’s becoming very popular. They can be hung above the shower in hanging baskets, hung from the shower rod, or in a windowsill. If you’re lucky enough to have a high ceiling with skylights above your shower, plants that need some light will grow well hung from this location. And, of course, placing potted plants around your tub will be wonderful.
- Plants are beautiful and add style to the room. The huge variety of shapes, colors, and sizes means that you can add plants to many areas in your bathroom. The textures of the leaves can vary and will be sure to finish off your frugal decorating scheme. Plants don’t have to be expensive. Shop around for good deals and a great variety of styles. Now, with the popularity of the Bohemian style, plants are key to the design. So, go ahead and get those adorable and trendy Succulents. Whether you use a solitary potted plant or turn your bathroom into a tropical paradise, the benefits of plants will surround you with beauty.
- Plants actually bring with them health benefits. Plants release oxygen and they help to purify the air from toxins. Bathrooms often have many chemicals (cleaning products and hair styling aids and skin care products), which plants will help to filter. Some plants actually rid the air of carbon monoxide, benzene, and formaldehyde. And, who wants to breathe those awful chemicals? Newer homes have more emissions from building materials, so it would be very helpful to add the following plants to your bathroom: Spider Plant, Aloe Vera, Orchids, and Boston Ferns.
- Plants thrive in the humidity, but they also help us to thrive. Plants are a mood-booster. Just as being in nature helps us to relax, so does the presence of green plants provide a calm and relaxing atmosphere. The National Institutes of Health reports a study that wanted to see the difference in interactions with computers vs plants. They found that the “the subjects felt more comfortable, soothed, and natural after the transplanting task than after the computer task.” (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4419447/)
- Plants can help to increase your energy level. I’m never really awake until I have my morning shower. Adding plants in the bathroom can help to boost your energy level. Some people add Eucalyptus in the shower, because the oils are released as you bathe.
- Plants smell good and they can also absorb bad smells. Some plants have a wonderful fragrance or leave the room smelling like a spa. Plants can also help to rid the bathroom of the stinky smells that can be found there. Some of the best plants for the bathroom include: Ivy, Bamboo, Jasmine, Philodendron, and Orange Jessamine.
The most elegant bathrooms feature marble. White marble is the perfect backdrop to lovely plants. The professionals at Carrara Marble will help you as you choose a gorgeous countertop for your bathroom or kitchen. You’ll be happy to have them guide you as you select from their huge inventory. If you stop by the showroom you’ll be entering a fun and educational zone. You’ll be able to make an appointment to work one-on-one with a design consultant. They’ll take the time to discuss the project, show you all the possibilities, and take a tour of the facilities.
After you select the stone that you want to use, the consultant will go over all the steps, fabrication, and installation timeline. The Lifetime Warranty on Craftsmanship is also very impressive.
Premier Surfaces has locations in 10 states with a selection of high-quality materials. Whether you’re looking for quartz, natural stone, engineered marble, or solid surface, they have it. Let the design experts help you create your oasis. Then, you can finish it with the perfect plants!
@2019, copyright Lisa Ehrman